Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Week 6

Well this week it is Historical Fiction, one of my favorite genres.  Your assignment this week is to find and read a historical fiction book and talk with your book group about it.  Even though you may not teach social studies, how could you incorporate it into your curriculum?

I also want to recommend that you read the last part of this chapter (6) which explains how to monitor and clarify reading with great strategies.  I know that we don't use "think alouds" enough in the classroom.  Try it and see what happens.  Let us all know on your blog.

How are your text set coming?   I'm still waiting to hear from some of you about your topic.

And the last question is about your book groups.  Have you found or heard from eveyone yet?  If not, please let me know.

It's only 3:50 pm, the sky is dark with blustery clouds and it's hailing.  Yikes, just heard a big clap of thunder,  like I used to hear in Nebraska.  I thought this was spring!  I'm ready for warm weather and sunshine.  How about you?

Happy reading!
Sue

3 comments:

  1. IT is nice & sunny in Eugene! Sorry to hear about the weather there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we're having typical spring weather for Bend: all forms of weather in one day, too cold to be called spring, or sunny but cold wind.

    ReplyDelete